As you know sensitive skin is one that is unable to tolerate any adverse condition or is prone to irritation from minor contacts to chemicals and foreign elements. Even the average skin care product can irritate a sensitive skin. No wonder sensitive skin requires special attention. Hence, we have special products made especially for this type of skin. The levels of sensitivity can vary from person to person.
Normally, any skin type will react badly to detergents and other chemical based products. While the normal skin can put up with these to a degree, a sensitive skin will react immediately. This low tolerance level leads to skin damage quite easily. Hence sensitive skin care products keep these ingredients to a minimal level or avoid them altogether.
Sensitive skin care is governed by a few basic rules. Following them can help you avoid any problems with you sensitive skin. Read on for 10 simple sensitive skin care tips.
- Use Specific Products: Use only products made especially for sensitive skin. Follow the instruction and specific restriction the product might suggest.
- Stay Natural: Try choosing products that use the preservatives, colorings and other additives.
- Avoid Toners: Most toners are alcohol based and are not recommended for sensitive skin. Avoid them.
- Avoid contact with Detergents: Always wear protective gloves while doing laundry or any other chemical based cleaning. If you are allergic to rubber, use a cotton glove below the rubber ones.
- Avoid the Sun: Sensitive skin is especially vulnerable to the sun. Take care is to avoid excessive exposure to sun. If you have to go out apply sunscreen lotion before getting out in the sun.
- Avoid Pollutants: Exposure to dust and other pollutants can trigger allergic reactions in sensitive skin. Avoid exposure to dust and other pollutants as much as possible. Always cover yourself adequately before going out.
- Use Safe Moisturizers: Look for moisturizers labeled for sensitive skin care. If not always use hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic moisturizers.
- Use Soap Free Cleansers: Always cleanse your face thoroughly after spending time outdoors. Use soap free and alcohol free cleansers only.
- Be Gentle: Never scrub or exfoliate too hard. It can cause reddishness and even inflammation in sensitive skin very easily.
- Remove you Make-up: Never leave your makeup on for too long. Clean it using hypoallergenic makeup removers.
Sensitive skin care has its own set of rule. You just need to keep these in mind and you should be safe from bad skin points.